Real Wedding: Rebecca & Darren at Painswick Rococo Garden, Gloucestershire
Rachel Jane of Rachel Jane Photography is a very laid back and relaxed documentary photographer who loves to capture your day as it unfolds naturally. This beautiful showcase of images shows just how well Rachel can work with a couple and document their wedding day story.
Rachel was wowed by the planning skills of her couple on this wedding, so much so that shes asked them to pass over some of their top tip to share! Here's what Rachel and her couple, Rebecca and Darren had to say...
"This wedding was one of my favourites this year! The venue is breathe-taking and Rebecca & Darren blew me away with their wedding planning skills. If you are looking to plan your very own intimate wedding, Rebecca has kindly written some tips for me to share with you!
• Take time to find a venue that really gives you ‘the feel’ and you can truly imagine your day there (especially for an intimate wedding like mine as it was a huge part of the experience for everyone)
• Once decided, visit the venue a few times to get a good feel for it to plan logistics, decor, food, chat to the staff etc. Make sure you take pictures to help with the planning at home
• Make to-do lists and a spreadsheet for the finances- this really helped keep money under control!
• There are so many amazing high street wedding dresses nowadays if you don't want to spend a fortune. I bought a dress from Next for £199 and got it altered into my own unique dress! I also bought a second hand dress from Shpock (it had only been worn for 1hr so good as new) for £30- absolute steal!!! So I wore both!
• If you're prepared to get a bit creative you can also save a ton on all the the extra bits that can add up. I got flowers from Bloom & Wild and made my own bouquets, the cake was from M&S, decorations (mostly fairy lights, lanterns, candles- we kept it simple) were from the Range, we made our own music playlist, and we did our own hair and makeup!
• It was one of the hottest days of the year so to help avoid heatstroke we took bottles of water and hand fans (last minute order from Amazon) which went down a treat!
• Its so worth having a photographer to capture those intimate moments throughout the day- I cried with happiness when I saw my pictures! Research photographers well and know what style you want. Meet up with them to see if you’ll be comfortable having them with you on such a private/intimate day
• Everyone says ‘it’s your day, do what you want, invite who you want’ and it’s true; we originally started planning a traditional wedding with 100 guests. The costs and thought of inviting people we don't know/don't like/hardly see stressed me out and it turned into planning a day for other people so we scrapped it and had a day with just our immediate family! We don't regret it one bit; it was personal, everyone we truly loved was there, and we all hung out together all day/night which would be impossible with 100 people to speak to! People were really understanding and some even said they wish they’d have done it that way!
• Get some games/entertainment for kids- you will thank yourself!
• Cliche, but take a minute to look at everyone you know all together in one place- it's bizarre and heartwarming at the same time!"
We think these are some great tips from this Bride and Groom. Every couple and wedding should be individual and bespoke so take the time to work out the areas that are most important to you. Meet with your suppliers, take time with your planning and keep track of that budget!!!
For more information about Rachel and her natural, relaxed imagery, check out her page Rachel Jane Photography